Hi, I'm Tiana. Welcome to my blog!
I'm a homeschool graduate and live in the beautiful Washington state. This blog is for documenting my projects, research and my adventures in costuming while hopefully helping others who are also learning the art of costuming.
I love fluffy dresses, Star Wars, the color pink, cotton candy, old books, and coffee. I started costuming in 2012 and haven't been able to stop since (if you want to read more about how I got started in costuming, check out My Story).
As a homeschooler I have a lot of hobbies. I love to read, and my favorite genre's are classic literature and Star Wars books. A few of my other hobbies include writing, drawing, knitting, film making, vlogging, organizing, photography, binging Netflix, and researching.
During the summer I travel all around the Pacific North West with the Historic Flight Foundation (HFF) volunteering at air shows with my dad. I love history and volunteering for HFF helps me keep it alive while also getting to experience some amazing events and meet great people. And I also get to dress up in vintage clothing at some events.
|The beautiful PNW, just out of Seattle|
|Sporting my 1930's Aviatrix outfit with a 1930's stagger-wing at HFF|
Music is another hobby of mine. I love pretty much everything from Jazz to Opera, and Broadway to [certain] Pop. My favorite artist is Michael Buble with Barbra Streisand in a close second (followed by Frank Sinatra). I sing, play the guitar and also play the piano a little.
A few random facts about me:
- I live, eat, and breath show tunes and will quote/sing them anytime that I feel is a good opportunity. I believe that there is a song for every situation in life. And I'm not afraid to prove it.
- I'm a Star Wars nut. Always have been.
- As a native Washintonian I prefer Fall/Winter to Summer and I begin to melt when the temperature is above 72 degrees.
- I work part time as a Procurement Agent.
- I have a DYT Type 2 personality, or an ISFJ if you use Myer Briggs.
I love to talk to other costumers, so please feel free to leave comments with questions or if you just wanna talk about costumes!