Jul 19, 2013

Progress on the Marion Top

After about 5 different mock ups I finally got one that I liked. I was originally going to do just a drawstring peasant top but then decided I wanted to do the whole sha-bang. The shirt I have now is much more accurate. I finished the mock up at the end of last month and made the pattern a week or so ago. The material I'm using is a white gauze from Jo-Ann's, and it's so perfect!

While I was tracing out the pattern, Doji thought it would make a nice bed. He love's it when I make my room a mess with my sewing projects!

I've got the shirt all sewn up with everything hemmed and right now I'm tracing out the embroidery, which there is a lot of!



That's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos for using that material and for making mock-ups! I thought about using gauze, but was concerned about it warping the embroidery design, since I had never embroidered or used gauze before!

    And it appears my design worked out for you?

    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janey! I've started the actual embroidery and it's working just fine. You're embroidery pattern was very, very helpful! Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete