Aug 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I keep seeing more and more people posting Throwback Thursday and thought maybe I would join.

Going back to 2012 and my first ever costume, Princess Leia from episode IV of Star Wars. I started the costume 3 days before May the 4th and with the help of my mom, had it finished just in time. I never got around to getting the accessories made though.

This costume was made from bed sheets. I remember my mom and I looking all over for the perfect material but couldn't find anything. Eventually I ended up finding sheets that, at the time, I thought were perfect!

There are so many things I would do different now. I made the costume in just 1 layer instead of 2 like it should have been done, and thus the wrinkling at every seam. It needed to be longer. The hood wasn't wide enough. The list goes on...

 

Eventually I'll redo this costume and do it properly now that I actually know what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment