Apr 5, 2018

The Costumes of Descent + On Set Pictures

Last month I had the pleasure of working with HomeGrown Film Maker as Costume Designer at their film intensive. The intensive included three class days and two days on set making a short film with students, giving them actual set experience in every department. While class was only 5 days, pre-production started two months earlier.


I headed wardrobe, and everything came together quite smoothly with the exception of one of the vendors I had to work with. Ultimately worked out in the end, so all's well that ends well.

For this project we got to do something new and exciting: wire work to simulate zero gravity.

This was my first time doing any sort of wire work, and I learned a few things. First of all, make the holes for the wires larger than you think, and reinforce the heck out of them. Erin, one of our actors, had the most wire work and it ended up ripping past the hole I had carefully made by several inches. I did my best to reinforce it, but there wasn't much I could do at that point. By the end of shooting the rip had extended to about a foot long.

Luckily this was on day 2 of 2 of shooting and we didn't have any more shots from behind. It all worked out in the end.

Here's some photo's from on set. Enjoy!




 

Blocking stunt choreography

Crew and students watching a take


The Pod set

Inside the pod




Also be sure to check out this video for a behind the scenes look.

No comments:

Post a Comment